REVEALED: Man Utd made triple-threat check on Moussa Dembeleby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United are scouting Lyon striker Moussa Dembele leading up to the January market.The Daily Mail says United sent a scout to Wednesday’s draw with Brest, where Dembele scored, and Sunday’s clash with PSG. They also had a presence at the Champions League match against Zenit Saint-Petersburg last week.Dembele has been in fine form this season and already has six goals from six appearances in Ligue 1 — with all of his shots on target finding the back of the net. He is the top scorer in the division. TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Story Highlights The Consumer Affairs Commission (CAC) is reminding shoppers to guard against cyber scams as they make their online purchases during the Christmas season.Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the CAC, Dolsie Allen, says the impulsive spending during the yuletide period makes persons particularly vulnerable to these scams.“The criminals are lurking,” she points out.She notes that the steps to prevent scamming starts and ends with the buyer’s ability to decipher real from dangerous and dubious links.She says consumers must first confirm the legitimacy of the website they are buying from to ensure that it is the official site for the merchant.As such, she is advising persons not to navigate to sites by clicking links in emails or from advertisements. “Don’t click on links in unsolicited emails; type in the URL yourself,” she says.“If you’re unsure about the legitimacy of a site, use a search engine to research it. Do some security checks and make sure you’re using the latest version of your browser, and have it set to the highest security level and install updates when prompted,” she adds.Mrs. Allen points out that secured sites will display a green, locked padlock symbol in the browser window. They will also have an address that begins with https instead of the usual http.She is further advising persons to install protective software and firewalls if they plan to do excessive buying online.She says shoppers should be on guard and be ready to hide their pin numbers, credit card and banking information.“Consumers have to be more vigilant, it is a yearly complaint and we are urging the public to be more responsible and take the steps to protect themselves and their finances,” Mrs. Allen says. Communications Specialist, CAC, Dorothy Campbell, is encouraging shoppers to read their bank statements daily in order to track transactions as well as to look out for any unusual credit card activity.“Plan your spending routes and where you will make your purchases to avoid falling prey to Christmas scams. The CAC is encouraging online shoppers to purchase only with reputable merchants, preferably ones you’ve used before,” she notes further.Ms. Campbell says it is a good idea to get a credit card that it used only for online shopping as this will make it easier to track genuine purchases.“Remove your card information each time you make a purchase and close the browser at the end of the transaction to prevent the computer from saving the information,” she recommends.“Be savvy about your password. If a site asks you to create a password, use a combination of letters and numbers and avoid using passwords that you’ve used before,” she adds.Ms. Campbell says that while online shopping offers the benefit of lower prices, getting a redress can be a tedious process.“Ensure that you read the return policy. We have had complaints from consumers about not being able to return goods that were purchased online or if they request an exchange it is at an added cost to them. So, read the fine print before clicking ‘I accept/agree to this offer’,” she advises.For persons making credit card purchases at local enterprises, Ms. Campbell says “ensure that you follow the store attendant; do not leave your credit card with anyone. Con artists are ready to exploit distracted shoppers.”She encourages consumers to first go back to the point of purchase to raise an objection to seek redress, once they have a challenge. Mrs. Allen points out that secured sites will display a green, locked padlock symbol in the browser window. They will also have an address that begins with https instead of the usual http. “If you are not able to have the matter resolved then we (CAC) will ask you to come to the agency. You may visit the office, call or email the CAC or leave a comment on our social media pages,” she says. The Consumer Affairs Commission (CAC) is reminding shoppers to guard against cyber scams as they make their online purchases during the Christmas season. “If you are not able to have the matter resolved then we (CAC) will ask you to come to the agency. You may visit the office, call or email the CAC or leave a comment on our social media pages,” she says.
BERLIN – An explosion Tuesday at a major natural gas facility near Austria’s border with Slovakia killed one person and left 21 others injured, and caused some gas flow disruptions to other countries, authorities said.One person was seriously injured and 20 others were slightly hurt in the morning blast at the plant in Baumgarten an der March, east of Vienna, police said. No one was in a life-threatening condition. The facility’s operator initially said all the casualties were Austrian, but later said the one with less severe injuries include employees of contractors from six other countries.The explosion set off a fire, which operator Gas Connect said was completely extinguished by mid-afternoon. The facility was “shut down in a controlled state and is offline,” the company said.Police wrote on Twitter that the explosion was triggered by a “technical cause,” but didn’t elaborate and said that local authorities are investigating. Gas Connect said it also suspects an unspecified technical fault.Gas Connect describes the Baumgarten plant, where pipelines bringing gas from Russia, Norway and other countries connect and gas is compressed and cooled, as one of Europe’s most important gas supply hubs.Officials and company experts are analyzing the situation at the facility and discussing the next steps, it said. The explosion affected a 100-meter by 100-meter (328-foot by 328-foot) area.“Austria’s natural gas supply can be covered for the foreseeable future,” the company said on its website. However, “transit through Austria to the south and southeast regions is currently negatively impacted,” it added.Neighbouring Italy’s Economic Development Ministry declared an emergency after the explosion interrupted the flow of natural gas to the country, but said Italy’s supply of gas would be ensured by existing stockpiles.Claudio Descalzi, the CEO of Italian oil and gas company Eni, said that industry operators can compensate even if the interruption continues for weeks and aren’t alarmed, although he said that if it continues for a prolonged period there could be an impact on prices.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday expressed his confident and said that people will give him opportunity to serve the country again. Modi is interacting with people throughout the country via video conferencing from Talkotra Stadium here. “Once again, the people of the country are going to give us the opportunity to serve the country,” Modi said while addressing Main Bhi Chowkidar programme. He added that the people of the country do not need the “king” but they are liking the “Chowkidar” nowadays. He said the watchman is not an identity recognised by a uniform but watchman is a spirit. “I had said my effort would be not to allow the public money to be clawed in. As a watchman I will discharge my responsibility,” Modi said.
Kolkata: Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday shared some significant achievements in development and financial management in Bengal, over the last seven and half years since her government assumed office in 2011, on her Facebook page.She has pointed out that the state’s planned expenditure has increased nearly six times from Rs 14,615.16 crore in 2010-11 to Rs 85,328.53 crore in 2018-19. “The capital expenditure leading to creation of infrastructure and social assets has increased more than 11 times from Rs 2,225.75 crore in 2010-11 to Rs 25,287.20 crore in 2018-19,” Banerjee wrote in the post on her Facebook page. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaShe further mentioned in the post that the state’s own tax revenue has increased 3 times from Rs 21,128.74 crore in 2010-11 to Rs 62,746.58 crore in 2018-19. “We had announced a Tax Settlement Dispute Scheme last year. Nearly 29,000 cases have been settled by March 31, 2019, with a revenue collection of nearly Rs 754 crore,” the Chief Minister added. It may be mentioned that the Mamata Banerjee government’s performance in improving the financial health was acknowledged with the national award for e-governance in 2014. Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highwayThis impetus to e-governance resulted in higher revenue generation, which in turn contributed to more resources for development. The higher tax compliance in general (including as a result of e-governance), has consequently made available a higher amount for expenditure. The expenditure pattern has also improved. Apart from a rise in capital expenditure and planned expenditure, there has been a rise in spending in social infrastructure, agri, agri allied and rural development, physical infrastructure etc. The Gross Value-Added (GVA) and per capita income of the state has been far better than the country. As mentioned in the manifesto of the Trinamool Congress, the growth rate in the industrial sector has been 194 percent higher than India, while that in the services sector has been 26 percent higher. The growth rate in the agriculture and allied sectors has been 247 percent higher than the country. It may be mentioned that the state government has already brought a threefold increase in the income of farmers and has bagged the Central government’s Krishi Karman Award for five consecutive years for record production of crops.
Koderma (Jharkhand): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday said the ‘mission mahamilavat’ of the opposition is keen to form a “khichdi” government at the Centre, the strings of which will remain in the hands of the Congress.Addressing a poll rally in Jamua under Koderma Lok Sabha constituency in support of BJP candidate Annapurna Devi, Modi alleged that the grand alliance of opposition parties does not at any cost want a government with absolute majority. Also Read – 2019 most peaceful festive season for J&K: Jitendra Singh”The ‘Mission Mahamilavat’ (of opposition parties) wants a khichdi government at the Centre, and its strings would remain in the hands of the Congress, as the party knows it cannot form a government on its own under any circumstance,” he said. The prime minister also accused the Congress of rallying behind parties to destabilise governments. “Around two decades ago, a similar ‘mission mahamilavat’ tried to stop Atal Bihari Vajpayee from becoming the PM… the Congress rallied behind some parties, resulting in change of governments and prime ministers every two-three years,” Modi said. Also Read – Personal life needs to be respected: Cong on reports of Rahul’s visit abroadHe said the opposition’s grand alliance and its leaders owe allegiance to nobody, and are only interested in votes. “They are just not interested in the development of those areas where they do not see their votebank,” Modi alleged. Without taking the name of former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda — who has been charged with cases of money laundering and coal scam — Modi took a swipe at the Congress for supporting a tainted politician.
Former Blues midfielder, Frank Lampard says he is desperate to manage Chelsea club, however, he maintains he is enjoying his current media career.Having given his best as a former Chelsea player where he spent 13 years at Stamford Bridge, winning three Premier League titles, four FA Cups, the Champions League, the Europa League and two League Cups, Lampard admits he dreams of managing former club Chelsea according to Goal.“I have thought about coaching and I have been working at Chelsea with the academy all year, around my media stuff,”Jose Mourinho is sold on Lampard succeeding at Chelsea Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 14, 2019 Jose Mourinho wanted to give his two cents on Frank Lampard’s odds as the new Chelsea FC manager, he thinks he will succeed.There really…“Chelsea, of course, is like a dream job that will be there one day. But that is not always the route that it takes, so it might take me to go somewhere else before I can ever do that. We will see, but I certainly have ambitions to do it.“How could I not take it if Chelsea offered me the job? Chelsea are my club and I feel like I have a lot to offer. But that’s obviously for other people to decide, for important people, if and when I am ready to do that.”The 39-year-old was always seen as one of the most trusted lieutenants in the club’s dressing room, along with ex-Blues defender John Terry.
The Italy national team manager will debut on the bench of an official match; he has already decided his starting eleven but chose to not tell yetFederico Mancini left Zenit Saint Petersburg on May 13, 2018.And the next day, he was announced as manager for the Italy national team.Now on Friday, he will manage his first official match with the Azzurri against Poland, and he talked to reporters before that.“Well I was very touched when I coached my first Azzurri game as tomorrow will also be packed with emotions since it will be my first official game with the national team,” he told Calcio Mercato.Serie A Betting: Match-day 3 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Considering there is a number of perfect starts so early in the Serie A season, as well as a few surprisingly not-so perfect ones….“I have already decided the starting 11 for tomorrow’s game but I will first let the players know before telling the press.”“Criscito? He is still recovering from an injury that he suffered a month ago. We have two games in three days so I need players that will be fully fit,” he added.“I think the important thing is the attitude. We did pretty well in June as I feel like the attitude is what allows teams to have success.”“We will be playing against some very strong teams as we will have to attack them. We need to score more goals and this is something we are working on. I think the Nations League is pretty positive as this tournament can give us a lot of hope,” he concluded.
Scotland national team head coach Alex McLeish has defended his tactics despite his team’s disappointing defeat to Israel in the UEFA Nations League.McLeish ‘s team, who are ranked 94th in the world were reduced to 10 men when John Souttar was sent off, and were completely outplayed after they were reduced to ten men although Scotland led 1-0 at half time thanks to Charlie Mulgrew’s penalty.The disappointing result brings back some scrutiny of the team, despite last month’s opening 2-0 victory over Albania.But, asked why the shape that worked against Albania didn’t work this evening, McLeish said, according to Daily Record:“It did work to a certain degree. We were very comfortable in the first half.”Scotland needs a hero: Billy Dodds Manuel R. Medina – September 10, 2019 According to former striker, Billy Dodds his country needs a hero to inspire future generations as the team’s hope to qualify to the EURO 2020 is small.“The second half we went to a four at the back after the sending off. They had a lot of counter attacks on us. They sat deeper and we had a few chances.”“I know if I was playing four and Kieran Tierney or Andy Robertson wasn’t playing then you’d be looking for another system. I know how it works.”McLeish went on: “It was a game of two halves really. We started really well, I thought we kept possession well and had good movement going forward, we asked the guys to get forward as much as possible.”“They had a little spell, their number eight was causing us little problems and we managed to nullify that before half time. We spoke at half time about starting fast and not losing anything early.”“Unfortunately we lost a soft goal and we lost John Souttar as well which was a double blow. But more so Charlie Mulgrew at half time who was feeling bad with a muscle strain.”
Tottenham Hotspur and rivals Arsenal are believed to be interested in the services of Manchester United defender Eric Bailly, according to Daily Star.Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino is a huge admirer of Bailly and is willing to bring the tough-tackling central defender to the club in the next transfer window come January.It remains to be seen if Manchester United are willing to sell their prized asset to a division rival, however, Bailly has become increasingly unhappy with life at Old Trafford.The Ivory Coast international was signed two years ago from Spanish club Villarreal and was United manager, Jose Mourinho’s first signing since getting appointed as the manager of the club in 2016.Bailly appeared to have established himself as one of the club’s better centre-halfs during his first season at United but injuries and lack of consistency has hampered his progress.Merson believes Arsenal should sign Sancho Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho might be the perfect player to play for the Gunners, according to former England international Paul Merson.However, the former Espanyol man has started just five games this season, having found himself frozen out towards the end of the last campaign.He was taken off before half time during last weekend’s 3-2 win over Newcastle when Mourinho sent on Juan Mata.