REVEALED: Man Utd made triple-threat check on Moussa Dembeleby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United are scouting Lyon striker Moussa Dembele leading up to the January market.The Daily Mail says United sent a scout to Wednesday’s draw with Brest, where Dembele scored, and Sunday’s clash with PSG. They also had a presence at the Champions League match against Zenit Saint-Petersburg last week.Dembele has been in fine form this season and already has six goals from six appearances in Ligue 1 — with all of his shots on target finding the back of the net. He is the top scorer in the division. TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Scotland coach Clarke snaps at Redknapp over Robertson claimsby Paul Vegas16 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveSteve Clarke has dismissed claims from former Liverpool midfielder Jamie Redknapp that Andrew Robertson is being hurt by Scotland’s lack of quality. Redknapp last night highlighted how the Scotland captain had struggled to impose his usual game during his country’s Euro 2020 qualifying defeats to Russia and Belgium in the last international break.Ahead of this week’s Group I games against Russia and San Marino, Scotland boss Clarke has snapped back at Redknapp.“If I go down the route of answering one pundit then I have to answer every single pundit who comes out with something that they’re paid to say,” said Clarke.”He’s a paid pundit, he’s got his opinion and Jamie also has a Liverpool connection so maybe he’s tried to protect Andy a little bit.”But Andy is a big boy. He doesn’t need protecting. Every time I name a squad Andy is the first to reply, ‘When is it gaffer? I’ll see you there!’.“So I’m not going to go down the route of talking about every pundit who has something bad to say about the national team.”The only way to stop them saying bad things is to start winning games. I don’t hide from that fact.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Some of the most active companies traded Wednesday on the Toronto Stock Exchange:Toronto Stock Exchange (16,149.92, down 46.12 points).Aurora Cannabis Inc. (TSX:ACB). Health care. Down 15 cents, or 1.36 per cent, to $10.87 on 112 million shares.Aphria Inc. (TSX:APH). Health care. Down $1.52, or 7.31 per cent, to $19.28 on 18.2 million shares.RNC Minerals. (TSX:RNX). Metals. Down four cents, or 9.41 per cent, to 38.5 cents on 18.2 million shares.Cronos Group Inc. (TSX:CRON). Health care. Up $1.31, or 8.77 per cent, to $16.25 on 18 million shares.The Green Organic Dutchman Holdings Inc. (TSX:TGOD). Health care. Up 87 cents, or 11.3 per cent, to $8.58 on 15.3 million sharesHexo Corp. (TSX:HEXO). Health care. Down 63 cents, or 7.22 per cent, to $8.10 on 13.8 million shares.Companies reporting major news:Tilray Inc. (Nasdaq:TLRY). Up $59.08, or 38.1 per cent, to US$214.06 on 30.7 million shares. The marijuana company’s shares continued to soar, one day after the licensed producer said it got approval from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration to export a cannabis drug to California for a clinical trial. The stock peaked at US$300 on the day, following a nearly 30 per cent jump on Tuesday after the Nanaimo, B.C.- based firm announced it got the green light to export cannabis in capsule form to a researcher at a university in the U.S., where the drug is still illegal at the federal level.Cineplex Inc. (TSX:CGX). Up 41 cents, or 1.3 per cent to $32.71. The movie theatre company says it has signed an agreement with immersive cinema company CJ 4DPLEX Co. Ltd. to bring 4DX technology to 13 cinemas. The deal with Seoul-based CJ 4DPLEX will mark the first time Cineplex will deliver 4DX’s motion, wind, fog, rain, lightning, snow, bubbles, vibration and scent features to theatre seats in markets outside of Toronto.
TORONTO – Realtor Daniel Steinfeld has wanted to post home sales data on his business’ password-protected website for as long as he can remember, but it took a seven-year court battle between the Competition Bureau and the Toronto Real Estate Board for him and other realtors to land the right to publish the numbers.Steinfeld, the owner of On the Block Realty and an online real estate auction platform that prevents blind bidding, is still working to get the information posted on his website, but he and other realtors think the right to publish the numbers could open the door to increased innovation in the Canadian real estate market.“The more the barriers come down and access improves, it reduces people’s tentativeness in trying to do more,” said Steinfeld.“Real estate is one of those weird industries that hasn’t seen a considerable amount of change in years and years and years. Releasing sales data isn’t really an innovation, but access to information and how you can use it is really what people are looking for and more and more people are going to find ways to do that.”TREB, which began releasing the data through a feed on Tuesday, has restricted realtors from scraping, mining, selling, reselling, licensing, reorganizing or monetizing the data, but Steinfeld envisions a future where real estate companies will be able to increase their craftiness.Already he’s imagined realtors using the data to build tools that create timelines of housing sales at a specific address or offer side-by-side comparisons of neighbourhoods or properties.But those would pale in comparison to some of the innovations the American and British markets have seen. San Francisco-based Opendoor, for example, allows users to request an offer for their home from the company through an app. If the seller agrees to the offer and a commission fee, Opendoor buys the property and then flips it to another buyer, allowing the original seller to move on to their next home without the hassle of waiting for their place to sell.Then there’s No Agent, a U.K. company that lives up to its name by allowing customers to sell their homes without a broker, and Reali, which allows buyers and sellers to complete their entire transaction through an app.While none of the companies have announced plans to head to Toronto, the ability to publish the TREB data could empower international companies to set their sights on Canada, said Steinfeld.Purplebricks, a commission-free real estate company, and Zillow, a prominent U.S. listings service, were both preparing for their entry into Canada in the months prior to the Supreme Court of Canada’s decision not to hear the home sales data case, effectively forcing TREB to allow realtors to publish the numbers.TREB had fought the release at three judicial bodies for seven years by arguing that allowing the numbers to be released on password-protected websites would infringe on privacy and copyright. The Competition Bureau insisted keeping the data under wraps was anti-competitive.As the fight dragged on, real estate companies watched anxiously and probably realized, said Steinfeld, that they would be “remiss” if they didn’t enter the Canadian market.“Anywhere there is business to be had or a problem to be solved, innovation should be welcomed,” he said. “Toronto being as big a market as it is, alongside Vancouver, is probably the most logical starting point for new innovations in real estate.”Phil Soper, chief executive officer at Royal LePage, doesn’t think the TREB decision will be enough to push American innovators into Canada because many of them still have plenty more room to grow and markets to conquer in the U.S., but he still expects some novel ideas to come from Canadian companies.His company, for example, will focus on trends by crunching the data to show what neighbourhoods have markets that are rising and falling, how price projections differ from what properties actually sold for and how investments, zoning and new schools are affecting the market.“But it’s not like these things haven’t been occurring anyways,” he said, noting that Canadian real estate companies have toyed with artificial intelligence and maps to lure in customers.“Perhaps this will excite consumers to be more open to using those kinds of tools rather than always using people.”On top of innovations, Queen’s University real estate professor John Andrew said he expects TREB’s decision to spur the liberalization of data across the country.Real estate boards in Calgary, Greater Moncton and B.C.’s Fraser Valley told The Canadian Press they were all looking at how to release their sales data following TREB’s move.“Who knows what could be done with it,” he said. “We are only limited by our imaginations.”Follow @Tara_Deschamps on Twitter.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday expressed his confident and said that people will give him opportunity to serve the country again. Modi is interacting with people throughout the country via video conferencing from Talkotra Stadium here. “Once again, the people of the country are going to give us the opportunity to serve the country,” Modi said while addressing Main Bhi Chowkidar programme. He added that the people of the country do not need the “king” but they are liking the “Chowkidar” nowadays. He said the watchman is not an identity recognised by a uniform but watchman is a spirit. “I had said my effort would be not to allow the public money to be clawed in. As a watchman I will discharge my responsibility,” Modi said.
GAZA CITY, Palestinian Territories – Egypt’s closure of tunnels used to smuggle goods into the Gaza strip has caused monthly losses of $230 million (170 million euros) to its economy, a Hamas official said Sunday.The “closure of the tunnels caused heavy losses to the industry, commerce, agriculture, transport and construction sectors” of around $230 million monthly, said Hatem Oweida, deputy economy minister for the Islamist movement Hamas that governs the strip.Essential materials were for years smuggled from Egypt into Gaza through tunnels, bypassing Israel’s blockade, but the Egyptian army recently destroyed many of those after ousting president Mohamed Morsi of the Muslim Brotherhood, a Hamas ally. Oweida said that the coastal Palestinian territory had relied on the tunnels to meet at least 40 percent of its construction supplies and raw material needs.Gaza’s unemployment rate would hit 43 percent if official border crossings remained shut and the tunnels were destroyed, Oweida warned.He added that “public revenues saw a decline after the closure of the tunnels and the tightening of the siege in the second half of 2013,” which he said would hit Hamas’ employment and temporary work programmes.Israel first imposed its land, sea and air blockade on the coastal strip in 2006 after militants there seized an Israeli soldier.It was further tightened in mid-2007 when Hamas took control of Gaza.
Former Blues midfielder, Frank Lampard says he is desperate to manage Chelsea club, however, he maintains he is enjoying his current media career.Having given his best as a former Chelsea player where he spent 13 years at Stamford Bridge, winning three Premier League titles, four FA Cups, the Champions League, the Europa League and two League Cups, Lampard admits he dreams of managing former club Chelsea according to Goal.“I have thought about coaching and I have been working at Chelsea with the academy all year, around my media stuff,”Jose Mourinho is sold on Lampard succeeding at Chelsea Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 14, 2019 Jose Mourinho wanted to give his two cents on Frank Lampard’s odds as the new Chelsea FC manager, he thinks he will succeed.There really…“Chelsea, of course, is like a dream job that will be there one day. But that is not always the route that it takes, so it might take me to go somewhere else before I can ever do that. We will see, but I certainly have ambitions to do it.“How could I not take it if Chelsea offered me the job? Chelsea are my club and I feel like I have a lot to offer. But that’s obviously for other people to decide, for important people, if and when I am ready to do that.”The 39-year-old was always seen as one of the most trusted lieutenants in the club’s dressing room, along with ex-Blues defender John Terry.
Scotland national team head coach Alex McLeish has defended his tactics despite his team’s disappointing defeat to Israel in the UEFA Nations League.McLeish ‘s team, who are ranked 94th in the world were reduced to 10 men when John Souttar was sent off, and were completely outplayed after they were reduced to ten men although Scotland led 1-0 at half time thanks to Charlie Mulgrew’s penalty.The disappointing result brings back some scrutiny of the team, despite last month’s opening 2-0 victory over Albania.But, asked why the shape that worked against Albania didn’t work this evening, McLeish said, according to Daily Record:“It did work to a certain degree. We were very comfortable in the first half.”Scotland needs a hero: Billy Dodds Manuel R. Medina – September 10, 2019 According to former striker, Billy Dodds his country needs a hero to inspire future generations as the team’s hope to qualify to the EURO 2020 is small.“The second half we went to a four at the back after the sending off. They had a lot of counter attacks on us. They sat deeper and we had a few chances.”“I know if I was playing four and Kieran Tierney or Andy Robertson wasn’t playing then you’d be looking for another system. I know how it works.”McLeish went on: “It was a game of two halves really. We started really well, I thought we kept possession well and had good movement going forward, we asked the guys to get forward as much as possible.”“They had a little spell, their number eight was causing us little problems and we managed to nullify that before half time. We spoke at half time about starting fast and not losing anything early.”“Unfortunately we lost a soft goal and we lost John Souttar as well which was a double blow. But more so Charlie Mulgrew at half time who was feeling bad with a muscle strain.”
Related Items:#ClementHowellHighrebranded, #magneticmedianews Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppTurks and Caicos, July 26, 2017 – Providenciales – The home of the eagles is being transformed and on Tuesday the nation got a report on what Clement Howell High School is becoming… no longer a fight zone with gang related clashes, but an institution where students understand their roles in the progress and branding of the largest public high school in the country and how that affects their individual potentials.There is more money being invested, says the Director of Education in the report… from $.94m in 2016-2017 to over $2m this fiscal year. No longer home to 1,064 students, Clement Howell High is now with 564 students and 62 teachers. Grades are better too, performance in external examination has shown an increase from 71% to 76%. Fights have dropped dramatically, and the Ministry attributes it to new leadership style and better school discipline improved from 21 gang related violent outbreaks in 2014-2015, to six minor squabbles in 2016-17.The Minister of Education, Karen Malcolm stated; “The Government has invested a lot of money into the re-branding of this institution and realized that a re-branding effort will only succeed if the product itself changes. As minister with responsibility for the education of our young leaders, I am excited by this report, the product and culture of the new Clement Howell High School has changed. A new brand and a fresh start with no negative baggage”, she said.You can read the full report at MagneticMediaTV.com.#MagneticMediaNews#ClementHowellHighrebranded Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp
No more than one acre of grass can be burned, and it must be cut to less than 4 inches in height with clippings raked off and disposed of separately. The burning of grass over 4 inches in height or grass that is densely matted, and laying on the ground is not allowed to be burned under the General Burn permit. The Division of Forestry reminds residents that it only takes a few hours of sunlight and a light breeze to make exposed grass highly receptive to fire, even with wet, snowy conditions beneath it. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享Each spring, residents of the Kenai Peninsula who are burning off dead grass in their yards are caught off guard by how quickly it can ignite and spread beyond their control. If you have any questions about burning grass, or safe burning in general, visit the Division of Forestry website at: www.alaska.forestry.gov/burn or call the Soldotna forestry office at 907-260- 4200 and ask to speak to a wildland fire prevention technician. The Kenai-Kodiak Area office of the Division of Forestry also reminds residents who are burning dead grass that a 2018 General Burn permit is required and must be followed. Tall, dead standing grass, or grass that is densely matted poses the greatest risk of rapidly escaping and causing a wildfire if ignited.